Kalium, BANANO’s ingeniously slick mobile wallet was already released for Android quite some time ago. Now it’s finally also coming to iOS/iPhone!
Our ingenious devs bbedward and yekta have worked hard on this and finally have created a product that already is pretty amazing, and surely ready to get this TestFlight party started.
- Send/Receive BANANO securely, of course
- View complete transaction history
- View transaction details on creeper
- Export monkeyQR and address as a PNG image for sharing (like kalium-android)
- Full monKey integration
- Fully featured contacts/address book (export/import uses the file extension “.txt”, kalium-android uses “.json”. However, the format is identical — so if you want to import contacts from kalium-android you simply need to change the extension from “.json” to “.txt”)
- Change your representative
- 20+ currency conversions
- Biometric support (FaceID+TouchID)
- QR scanning
- Deep link support (banano: + ban: URI support)
Coming Soon (to future TestFlight builds)
- Paper wallet loader
- Translations (25+, just like kalium-android)
- Push notifications
- SVG monKeys (currently they are all PNGs, due to some issues that we are close to resolving)
- Minor improvements server-side and client-side to better handle timeouts and various error responses (for example, due to a poor internet connection)
This release of Kalium has been built completely from the ground up, with Flutter. Flutter is a cross-platform mobile framework that’s backed by Google, version 1.0 was just released in December.
Flutter has many benefits — such as being cross platform (both iOS and Android) compatible, and it has native performance and a native user-experience (flutter is AOT-compiled on both iOS and Android).
More technical details related to this build will be released later, but it’s important to quickly mention:
- Seeds are generated using a cryptographically secure source of randomness. Meaning, it’s perfectly safe to generate seeds with KaliumF, and seeds are generated offline.
- Just like kalium-android, private keys and seeds are never transmitted to the server. All blocks are signed on the device itself.
- Sensitive information such as your PIN and seed, are securely stored on the device in iOS’ keychain.
Full announcement here at r/banano.
Join the Banano republic!
$BANANO is a feeless, instant, rich in potassium cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy.