Booster is Back!
Everyone's favorite banana-themed coding competition has returned for its second debut. Announcing Booster2: On Time Edition, a 6 week hackathon for developers to create or maintain projects in the BANANO ecosystem.
Do you have an idea for a project you've been wanting to start? Do you maintain an existing project? Do you want to collaborate with other developers who love BANANO? This is the competition for you!
There will be 2 categories for submissions:
1. New Projects (50% of the prize pool)
Anything coding-related that hasn’t been released to the public yet. We’ve included a couple project ideas below but look forward to seeing what you come up with!
- A Bounty Board where tasks can be completed in exchange for BANANO
- A Wallet that allows people to view, send, and receive BANANO NFTs
- Ported open source projects (forked from NANO)
For some inspiration, last year’s Booster winners can be found here.
2. Existing Projects (50% of the prize pool)
If you want to expand your existing project or if you want to collaborate with another project owner.
BANANO has an expansive open-source community with many projects that welcome contributors! If you want to work on an existing project that you do not own, be sure to contact the repository owner before starting any work. To get in contact with other developers, check out the #🚀booster channel on discord.
The prize pool will consist of 500K BANANO! Winners from each category (new project or existing) will receive the following amounts:
1st place: 60K BAN (12% of prize pool)
2nd place: 50K BAN (10%)
3rd place: 40K BAN (8%)
4th - 7th place: 25K BAN (5%)
Bonus prizes may be awarded to exceptional entries.
To prevent turning Booster2 into a Boo-hoo-ster, the event organizers will be committed to following this timeline:
Week 1 (Starting July 24th)
Booster2 is announced! Individuals or teams can select a category (new project or existing) & register here.
Project submissions are opened for individuals or teams. This is where you can go into detail about what your project is, how to test it, where to view it, etc. This is your chance to WOW the judges! More details will be announced later along with a submission form.
Development time ends on September 4th. Last chance to submit your projects for judging! Projects will be evaluated by our esteemed panel of judges and winners announced soon afterwards.
- Any project fitting into one of the above categories, BANANO related, can participate.
- Project registration is encouraged, but not required.
- Project submission is required for projects to be judged. A submission form will be announced half-way through the competition, which will consist of a project title, description for what it's about, and for internal purposes also a ban_ payment account and contact information for the project leader. More details will be provided later.
- Project submissions will be scrutinized to verify that you own the codebase you're submitting. Fraudulent and low effort submissions may be disqualified.
- No doxxing will be required. Only anonymous ownership verification is necessary for project leaders. Personal details are not being logged anywhere in the process. If you don’t want to use Google Forms, you can hand in your registration as an email or DM instead.
- If you are collaborating on an existing project you do not own, unmerged/unpublished changes may result in a lower score.
- Some rights reserved. Rules may be adjusted if there’s an unexpected loophole. Services are provided with no warranty.
Where can I sign up?
Want to get started? Register here!
What the Fork is Banano?
Banano is a cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy. Banano has feeless and near-instant transactions, free & fair distribution, a highly active community, and active technical development!